Prior to reporting to the sleep center
The following preparations should be made just before your overnight stay:
- Shower and shampoo your hair.
- Avoid using anything on your hair after it has been cleaned and dried such as gels, creams, or hair sprays.
- Do not wear makeup or jewelry
- Do not use creams or lotions on your face or body.
- Remove nail polish and/or artificial nails from at least one finger. The oximeter that is placed on your finger to monitor blood oxygen levels reads this information through the nail, so any polish or acrylic will not provide an accurate reading.